Support ECHO and help us to help heart-children and their families!
ECHO relies solely on voluntary donations and its supporters to raise funds – we receive no government support or financial assistance from Guy’s & St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. Every penny we raise goes straight to the heart of the vital work we do – we don’t have offices to run or a large team of staff to pay.
Your support will help us to:
- Continue to publish our quarterly newsletter which is free to all our members and related healthcare professionals, and to communicate with our members regularly via email
- Develop the provision of support we provide to families via telephone, email and in person through our regular ward visit programme
- Hold social and educational events for families
- Continue to sponsor antenatal classes and Transition Information Days at the Evelina and St. Thomas’
- Continue to organise and facilitate peer support through local networks and online through our website message board and social media sites
- Develop and increase representation on local and national groups focussing on the advancement of the interests of children and young people with a heart condition and improving standards of care
- Strive to raise awareness amongst the wider medical profession, schools and general public about Congenital Heart Disease and its impact on sufferers and their families
- Develop and extend the support and social events we provide for older children and teenagers through their own dedicated group, ECHO Teen Club (“ETC”).
- Continue the advocacy and liaison work we do with the management and staff of the Evelina Children’s Hospital and Guy’s & St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Run a comprehensive programme to recruit, develop, educate and support our volunteers so that they, in turn, can support heart children and their families.